Pages

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, November 3, 2013

NaBloPoMo Month - "Waiting to Exhale"


NaBloPoMo Month - "Waiting to Exhale"
Entry #3 - 11/03/2013

Today's blog entry comes from a "The Daily Post" writing prompt that reads: Tell us about a time when everything seemed to be going wrong - and then, suddenly you knew it would be alright.

This writing prompt actually got me to thinking about how I tend to overreact in some situations...shocker to some of you I know and then how once I have taken a moment to calm down, take a breath and think it over - the situation is sometimes, not all the time, much more simpler than I once thought it to be.

One of the most recent things that comes to mind where everything seemed to be going wrong was in fact this year. I'm it's one of the things that I will talk about in my Top 10 Defining Moments blog, but it fits the nature of this posting as well. In August 2012, I spent a month back home in Oklahoma. It was then that it dawned on me I was ready to come back home. I made a list of the top things I wanted to accomplish before leaving Las Vegas and then began the work of making the return happen. I had my weight loss surgery, put my house on the market and worked to find a new job. Suddenly when all of those things fell into place...life began to move at warp speed.

Moving Day - April 2013
Boxes had to be packed. Movers had to be contacted. More boxes had to be packed. An apartment had to be found. And before I knew it...the situation that I envisioned on having such control over was grabbing me by the balls and not letting go! The world seemed to be against me - I couldn't find an apartment in Stillwater, the movers weren't able to give me a solid date on delivery of my items, the house wasn't being sold fast enough and finally when the movers did give me a delivery date on a Thursday afternoon - it was for the very next day! My world was being uprooted and all I wanted to do was get a manicure and go bowling with my buddies (which thanks to that damn moving company I didn't get to do). It's funny how we plan and plan and plan for something to happen, yet it never really seems to be how it goes in the long run. I kept thinking..."If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans..." and now looking back at the situation I knew he got a really good giggle at me with this move! I have often said I wish life were like a musical and if it was in fact true - then Reba's 1996 "Close to Crazy" single from her album "What If It's You" would have been the theme song in my life for the week of April 29, 2013!

I left Las Vegas at approximately 12:30PM on Friday, 05/03/2013, nearly five years to the day that I first accepted an offer from IGT. With the Kia loaded to the absolute brim and knowing that I couldn't stop even for a moment to rest...I started on what would be a twenty hour journey across three time zones and five states...at this point I was still a ball of nerves and didn't know when I would be to "exhale."

It wasn't until nearly 12 hours into the journey with another six to go, when I stopped in Amarillo, Texas for gas and this large-ass cup of coffee that I thought to myself...I might just make this...I might just pull this off...and so I cranked the radio up as loud as it would go in my little Kia Sportage and rolled down a window so that cool spring Texas air could hit me in the face so to help me not fall asleep and wreck my car...because again, if you want to make God laugh...just tell him your plans!


Until Next Time...Ciao Bella and Exhale!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment