Pages

Ads 468x60px

Friday, November 22, 2013

NaBloPoMo Month - "A Bird! A Plane! You!"


NaBloPoMo Month - "A Bird! A Plane! You!"
Entry #22 - 11/22/2013
 
This morning the writing challenge in my daily email was as follows:
 
You get to choose one superpower. Pick one of these, and explain your choice:
  • the ability to speak and understand any language (Boring! It's called Rosetta Stone)
  • the ability to make any two people agree with each other (Boring! It's called learning to listen and agree to disagree)
  • the ability to travel through time (BINGO!)
 
One of my favorite books of all time and movies too was Audrey Niffenegger's "The Time Traveler's Wife" and I love it because of the stories. Plus I'm a child of the 1980s...hello "Back to the Future" - The main reason that I selected time traveling would be so that I could go back and do things differently in my life...obviously.
 
I'm not saying that I would want to go back and prevent things from happening, because if that were an option I don't know the type of person that I might be today. I used to hate the saying that everything happens for a reason, because usually when someone is telling you that something pretty shitty is happening! But when you're able to remove the aforementioned "shitty" event I can truly see that statement to be true. I firmly believe that there is a master plan for all us in life - just like there was a master plan for the crash victims of Oceanic Flight 815 (BTW - That's a "Lost" reference...) and that the things that have happened in the past not only determine who we are today, but made us who we are today.
 
If I had the ability to go back in time, I wouldn't change the past...I would only change how I acted in those moments and if how I acted in those moments changed the future then all the better!
 
Today's blog is short...because I have a lot to do today...perhaps I would go back in time and tell 13 year old Josh to calm the F$!# down...adulthood boo, boo is not all that it's cracked up to be!
 
Until Next Time...Ciao Bella!

0 comments:

Post a Comment