Pages

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

NaBloPo Month - "You're Alive...Phone Home"


NaBloPoMo Month - "You're Alive...Phone Home"
Entry #27 - 11/27/2013

Ya'll know that I love my stories! I grew up watching the CBS soap operas - "The Young and The Restless" and "The Bold and The Beautiful" and "As The World Turns" and "Guiding Light" but in the last ten years there have been several soap operas that have went to that great dramatic heaven in the sky...

Which has led to my new found love and appreciation of the ABC's lone soap opera "General Hospital" which tells the story of the citizens of Port Charles! Part of the reason I have turned my love and attention to GH in the last two years was in part to the placement of Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati as the Executive Producer and Head Writer, respectively. Frank and Ron's past credits include helming the ship of the now canceled "One Life to Live."

One thing I can appreciate about soaps is the over the top drama that it produces...with the recent storyline of Dr. Robin Scorpio Drake's return from the dead story as evidence. Granted fans of the soap opera and the character will appreciate the return of the character who longtime fans have watched grow up on the show. But one thing that just made me laugh and as normal...got me to thinking was a scene between Duke Lavery (Robin's former step-father who also returned from the dead recently) and Robin herself...when the aforementioned Duke urged Robin to let her late husband Dr. Patrick Drake know that she was alive before he married Ugly Betty, correction, Nurse Sabrina!

Got all that?


Duke encouraged Robin...upon finding out that Patrick was to marry another woman that she should call Patrick...and luckily he had a cell phone on him to provide her the opportunity!

I am sorry! I am sorry! If anyone that I knows that has died and returned from the great beyond...they had better damn well think twice before they dial me to let me know, "Hey Boo! I'm alive!"

Just an FYI in case any of my friends or the not yet found love of my life ever does die and return from the grave!

Until Next Time...Ciao Bella!



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment