Pages

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

NaBloPoMo Month - "Weight Loss Update"


NaBloPoMo Month - "Weight Loss Update"
Entry #6 - 11/06/2013

So by this point in time everyone is aware that I had Gastric Sleeve Surgery earlier this year. As everyone else is aware we are quickly approaching the Thanksgiving season it means that Black Friday shopping and eating like we've never seen food before is well upon us.

This year however and inspired by a blog post I found at "The World According to Eggface" I have decided to make a contribution in honor of my weight loss journey and the holiday season! So tonight I stepped on the scale to determine my current YTD (Year-to-Date) weight loss and it's holding steady at 175...I wish it would keep getting higher, the weight loss number, not the weight...but I'm proud to have lost the 175lbs. that I have managed to shed away. With just a little over nine months from my surgery date that is almost 19.5lbs. a month that I have been able to kick to the curb!

As I celebrate the life changing decision I made this year, I thought why not share that with others and I decided that I will be donating one non-perishable food item for every pound I've lost to a local food bank here in Stillwater, up to 150 items. The remaining 25 items...I've decided to donate to a pet rescue organization. I'll donate items such a dog and cat food and any other items that might be on their wish list. I'll update the blog often throughout the month on how the collection process is going and on which organizations I select for the donation! Let's celebrate this season and give back!

Until Next Time...Ciao Bella...

0 comments:

Post a Comment