Pages

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, November 2, 2013

NaBloPoMo Month - "Who's Coming to Dinner"


NaBloPoMo Month - "Who's Coming to Dinner"
Entry #2 - 11/02/2013

This has always been a favorite question to ask in a group of new people, when you're on a date with someone and even in a blog post!

Dead or alive...who are the top five people that you would invite to a dinner party?

I thought it would be fun way to kick off (officially) NaBloPoMo Month and reveal in no particular order who my top five choices were - FEMALE EDITION! These delicious dinner companion divas are in no particular order.

Oprah! Reba! Danielle! Dolly! Jacqueline!

5. Dolly Parton
First of all, let me just start by saying that Dolly Rebecca Parton is Fabulous...and yes that is fabulous with a capital "F" honey children!

The original voice of the great song, "I Will Always Love You" has been a favorite celebrity of mine since a performed her classic hit "9 to 5" in sign language in early 2007 - and yes you read that correctly. From her turn as Truvy in my all-time favorite movie "Steel Magnolias" to having publicly declared that "It takes a lot of time and money to look this cheap, honey," to having told Larry King in 2009 that she's written over 3,000 songs - Dolly Rebecca Parton is guaranteed to be a good time...plus I would love to duet with her to "Islands in the Stream!"

Favorite Dolly quote to carry with you through life..."When someone shows you their true colors...believe them," from her 1995 autobiography "Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business."

Plus ya'll she's Miley's godmother...and you know it doesn't get much better than that!


4. Danielle Steel
Of course one of my favorite author would have to be on the guest list. Regardless of whether or not you have ever read any of Ms. Steel's 91 fiction based novels, one will have to admit that she is a master of her craft. As an aspiring writer I would love nothing more than to just sit with her and listen about how she is able to come up with character after character and storyline after storyline. It's been reported that she is often times working on at least five projects at a time. In 2012, she produced four novels and already in 2013, she has written and published three novels including her first New York Times Bestseller since 2006. Danielle Steel is much more than an author of women driven fiction for me. Reading her books connect me to my Mamma, like watching soap operas connect me to my great-grandmother - it's a special place in my heart.

3. Oprah
It's Oprah Winfrey ya'll...enough said!

2. Reba
While I may be a fan of Dolly Parton - I am the ultimate fan of Reba McEntire, having seen her in concert a record (for me at least) four times (2008, 2011, 2012 and 2013) - I have loved this fellow Okie since she wore that plunging red dress on some award show in the 90s and shocked her Momma! She continues to remain a relevant country powerhouse performer and has proven with Kelly Clarkson that she can put someone back on the map again. Reba's songs could tell the musical story of my life, much like ABBA's work told the musical story for Mamma Mia. In fact, perhaps a future blog post will be my Top 10 Reba Songs of all time!

1. Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis
Before Ginnifer Goodwin and Katie Holmes were playing the former First Lady in Made for Television movies, Roma Downey (Touched by an Angel) was showing them how it was done in NBC mini-series "A Woman Named Jackie" and as an a child...I lived for that movie. To the point, I was probably the only ten year old ever to read the autobiography of the same name. I would love to sit down with the former First Lady to just get a one-on-one account of the history she had a front row seat for...married to the Kennedy family, JFK's Presidency, the assignation and the years that followed. Jackie has always been my most favorite culture, pop or otherwise icon and to share a meal with her would be amazing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment