Pages

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, November 28, 2013

NaBloPoMo Month - "Today I Am Thankful..."


NaBloPoMo Month - "Today I Am Thankful..."
Entry #28 - 11/28/2013


"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." - Oprah Winfrey

Today I am thankful for the special people in my life...

1. My Grandmother - I have been very fortunate in my life to have such a woman that loves me and does as much for me as my beautiful grandmother does. This year she has proven once again how invaluable she can be and how lost I would be without her help. From my surgery in the early mornings of January to helping me find an apartment in Stillwater in May!

2. My Friends - I couldn't possible list everyone here...from wonderful acquaintances to tried and true friends, I'd have the rest of the list filled up. However, I have always said that in adulthood making friends is difficult! I have been so blessed this year to have surrounded myself with people that I truly love and those that truly love me. I won't name them here...but they know who they are...across the miles or right in my own backyard I am very blessed to have known them...learned from them...and continue to grow my relationship with them!

3. Mentors - Professionally I have been fortunate to have some people who good or bad made a difference in how I do business and conduct myself in a professional setting. This year I was reminded of just how important it is to surround yourself with people you now only consider a friend, but that can teach you, train you, provide you with guidance and on occasion vent as needed! This year was a big year for that...I won't name names again, as I didn't in number 2...but those people know who they are!

Today I am thankful for good luck, blessings and...

4. The Ability to Take a Leap of Faith - From finally going through with my weight loss surgery to making the decision to travel down a road once traveled before...I am thankful that I have been of the sound mind to take a leap of faith and see it through. I've done this by surrounding myself with good friends and family!

5. Good Renters - Having two good renters living in my rental homes should be a blessing that I thank the high heavens for everyday. I never want to take it for granted and I don't take it for granted. I am thankful that they pay the rent and help make my life just a little bit easier month over month!

6. Job - I am thankful that I was able to find a job that I enjoy...that was able to bring me back to Oklahoma so I can be near my family. I am thankful that I get the opportunity to continue growing and learning.

Today I am thankful for the small things in life...

7. Hulu / Netflix - It allows me the opportunity to find TV shows that I should have been watching all along...prime examples include: Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy!

8. The Rain - Not the crazy crap like tornadoes by any means...but the fact that I am able to lie in bed and listen to the rain hit against the house and rustle the trees. I love to hear the thunder...because I went so long without hearing it!

9. Text Messages - I am thankful for text messages...more specifically I am thankful for iMessages because it allows me the opportunity to keep in touch with two people who mean so much to me and I don't think that was a luxury that I could have been afforded ten-fifteen years ago.

Today I am thankful for...

10. The Memories Not Yet Made & The People Not Yet Met - I'm looking forward to meeting new people and making new memories and seeing how those two things change my life all for the better!

0 comments:

Post a Comment