Pages

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Diary of a Reformed Fast Food Slut - Entry #2

03/10/2013 - Entry #2
Diary of a Pre-Reformed Fast Food Slut 

Hey Everyone! So I thought I would take the time tonight to write an update about my journey so far. Originally I had planned to blog a lot more about my weight loss surgery experience - but that damn hospital stay...followed by recouping my energies after the surgery and the aforementioned damn hospital stay seemed to prevent me from being able to do that. 

As of this posting...I am 40 days post-surgery (Gastric Sleeve) and I know that I have lost at least 55 pounds. I won't know how much more I've lost until a week from tomorrow when I go back to the doctor for my second post-surgery check-in. I have friends that are great supporters - they are saying they think I will have lost another 55 pounds - oh dear Oprah & Gayle I wish that would be the case. Me personally, I'm hoping that I'll have lost at least ten more pounds. 

So I thought in lieu of rehashing my horrible hospital drama I would just provide a post-op, 40 days later update. One of the hardest days post-op was on 02/27 when my Mamma went back home. She was here for the good, the bad and the ugly. I don't know what I would have done without her. My Mamma - who I talk about often on Facebook is my hero...hands done! There is no one like her and thank God because I would be SUPER jealous if anyone else had a Mamma like mine! She took care of me when I needed it the most and was a ferocious momma bear when she needed to be! But anyway, the morning that she went home was super difficult. I dropped her off at the airport around 8AM...I was sad and upset and my first instinct was to eat! Stop at the nearest McDonald's, order a Sausage Egg McMuffin with a large Coke and do what had been natural to me for what seems like forever - my entire life. I wanted to fill the sadness with something. In the recent months I have come to realize that I was a food-oholic! Just like an alcoholic needs a drink - I needed food. Proudly I did not cave...I persevered through and have not eaten at a McDonald's since 01/18 - screw off Ronald McDonald! 

My BBQ Pizza
Since my surgery I've learned to eat portion controls, eat less and stop when I feel full. Thankfully the "banana-pouch" (what I have decided to call my new stomach) helps me with that. I've cooked a little here and a little there. This afternoon I cooked a chicken breast (not sure how it's going to taste until tomorrow at lunch, but here's hoping) and I embarked on a pizza made from a Mission Brand Carb Balance Whole Wheat 6" Fajita Size Tortilla, BBQ sauce and leftover chicken from a rotisserie chicken I got on Friday! Who knew I could cook!? Pizza has been one of the biggest things I have craved since my surgery! Thank God that my head hunger has finally given up the idea that we're going not going to eat nearly a whole pizza once or twice a week! I've been lucky that not a lot of the foods I've been eating have hurt me or not agreed with me. The new items that were a big no-no were a "fresh" peach and an apple. Those items didn't set well with the "banana-pouch" and haven't been touched since. I'm knocking on wood now in hopes of keeping up my record of food not hurting me! 

One of the big issues I've been having of late is consuming water! I hate water. I find it boring, tasteless and dull! Yet I have to drink it...but after going through several (and I do mean several brands) I've finally concluded that I can tolerate Glaceau Smart Water - of course...why would I be able to tolerate the water that comes 24 to a pack for $3.99?! Nope!? I have to be able to drink the water that's a dollar a bottle - but it beats the alternative I suppose. The other issue I've had is consuming my pills. My diet says I'm supposed to eat breakfast, snack, eat lunch, snack and then eat dinner. But during the morning I take so many pills my "banana-pouch" feels bloated. Here's hoping that the weight continues to melt away like the butter I used to have extra of on my popcorn at the movies melted and I can kick those pills!! 

Until next time...


1 comments:

  1. Jojo,

    I'm so glad to hear it's going well. Please update us after your dr. appointment as to how much you've lost! Reading about your journey is going to be so helpful for me as I prepare in the next five months for my own.

    XOXO,
    Nono

    ReplyDelete